The City Manager is the City’s chief administrative officer. Appointed by the Greenville City Council, the City Manager is responsible for the day-to-day administration of the city.
City ManagerGeorge Bosanic has been the City of Greenville’s City Manager for over 20 years. He is a graduate of both Manistique High School in the Upper Peninsula and Grand Valley State University in Allendale . George received his Bachelors Degree and Masters Degree in Public Administration from GVSU and still enjoys attending their sporting events. George enjoys visiting his cabin in the U.P.
City Manager's Responsibilities
- Establishing and recommending an annual budget to the City Council.
- Administering all city contracts.
- Appointing and administering all city department heads.
- Ensuring that all city ordinances and laws are enforced.
- Recommending all measures to the City Council that are deemed necessary for the efficient operation of the City.
- Acting as the City’s chief purchasing agent.
- Ensuring that the City’s finances are sound and that the City’s financial records comply with all state and federal law.
- Carrying out all other functions as described by the Greenville City Charter.