This program will teach kindergarten boys and girls the fundamentals of offense/defense skills, dribbling, passing and shooting on an 8-foot basketball hoop. Fun and individual improvement will be stressed through various age appropriate drills. Includes 4 weeks of practice and 2 weeks of game play. Tennis shoes are required.
Who: Boys & Girls in Kindergarten
Location: Walnut Hills Elementary
Dates: Tuesdays, January 10-February 14, 2023
Time: 6:15-7:15 pm OR 7:15-8:15 pm
Fee: $30 Resident / $45 Non Resident
Registration Deadline: Friday, December 30, 2022
Frequently asked questions - Recreation
We appreciate the Greenville Public Schools to allow us to use their gym facilities for practices and games. There are specifc gym rules that must be followed in order for us to continue using their facilies for future programs. Rules are below:
- NO WET SHOES: Carry your gym shoes into the building. Parents and siblings must wait outside the gym if they have wet shoes, or take their shoes off before entering the gym.
- NO FOOD OR BEVERAGES: Walnut, Cedar Crest & Lincoln Heights DO NOT ALLOW water bottles in their gyms.
- ADULT MUST BE PRESENT: A parent/adult must escort their child(ren) to & from the gym; no children are allowed in the building without an adult.
- NO WANDERING: Building use is restricted to the gym area only. No wandering of the halls.
- KEEP DOORS CLOSED: No opening of the exterior doors in the gym at any time.
- CLEAN UP: Please be sure nothing is left behind. GPS is not responsible for any lost items.
Weather / Cancellation Guidelines
For event and program cancellations, GARCC uses RAINOUT Line. There are links to RAINOUT Line on our website. You can download the FREE APP for Android or IPhone, or call 616.794.8800, or sign up online at http://rl5.us/2u08hr4 to receive text and/or email notifications. Individuals are responsible to sign up to receive notifications regarding cancellations.
Decisions on weather cancellations are made later in the day and notifications are made in the most effective manner. We DO NOT call individual registered participants to announce cancellations or changes.
If Greenville Public Schools are cancelled, programs are cancelled ONLY IF THEY UTILIZE SCHOOL FACILITIES.
You can also find cancellation updates on our Facebook page @YourGARCC