Transportation Request Line:(616)754-9331
Tips For Utilizing Greenville Transit & Policies
Our goal is to provide safety, comfort and satisfaction for our customers. In order to better serve you, we ask that you adhere to the rules and regulations set forth for using the City of Greenville Transit System. If you have questions or comments, please call (616) 754-9300. We hope your trip is a pleasant one.1. Place call for service one-half hour in advance and at least 1 hour in advance for work and medical appointments.
2. If you cannot make your schedule pick-up please call and cancel
2. If you cannot make your schedule pick-up please call and cancel your request for service.
3. Be ready for your pick-up. The bus will wait no more than three minutes.
4. Drivers of the bus are not permitted to assist patrons to the bus however; they will assist boarding the bus.
5. The bus makes several stops en-route so plan for a slightly longer ride.
6. Carry-on bags are limited to the number of bags a passenger can carry in one trip: passengers are responsible for carrying and loading their own packages. Extra trips will require double bus fare. The lift is for people and mobility devices, NOT for excessive groceries/packages/wagons.
7. Drivers are not required to transport or help passengers move furniture or other large items on the bus.
8. Do not stand forward of the yellow line indicated on the floor of Greenville Transit vehicles.
9. Remain seated until the vehicle comes to a complete stop.
10. During heavy snowfall the buses will run on cleared roads only.
11. For everyone’s comfort, smoking, eating and drinking is not allowed on the bus.
12. Shoes and shirts are required.
13. Exact change is required. Drivers cannot make change. Credit for future rides is not provided.
14. Bus fare must be paid before boarding the bus. Driver will not move the vehicle until the fare is paid.
15. Greenville Transit System passes are available at City Hall and the Transit Garage.
16. No Pets are allowed on the bus unless they are in an enclosed carrier/container and can be on your lap or stowed beneath your seat.
17. Service animals that assist the blind or disabled are allowed. Drivers may ask to confirm what service the animal provides.The passenger will be responsible for any damage or soiling caused by the animal.
18. Rides after 3pm will be one-way trips only.
19. Don’t Forget your mask-Federal Law requires the wearing of face masks on Public Transportation.
Non-compliance of the preceding rules may result in the passenger not being allowed to utilize Greenville Transit, a Public Transportation System.
(Greenville Transit is a public transportation system and provides open door transportation to the general public. Routes and riders are scheduled according to efficiency.)
Priority 1 – Daily Time Calls
Rides reserved for the same passenger, same time, and same origin.
Priority 2 – 24 Hour Calls
Rides reserved 24 hours in advance.
Priority 3 – On Demand Calls
Rides reserved an hour or less in advance.
It is the policy of Greenville Transit to make sure that the needs of Wheelchair, Daily Time Calls, and 24 Hour calls be fully administered before addressing the needs of the Priority 3, On Demand passenger calls. Dispatch must receive a minimum of 1 hours’ notice for work and appointments for higher probability of on-time arrival.
Greenville Transit services are provided in accordance with Title VI, without discrimination based on race, color, national origin, or other prohibited basis. Read Greenville Transit’s Title VI Program and Plan for more information.
Greenville Transit services are provided in accordance with ADA standards. Read Greenville Transit’s ADA Policy for more information.
Bus fare must be presented to driver at time of boarding the Transit bus. The driver will accept, cash, check or punch passes.
(Under 12 yrs.)
To apply for a reduced fare, fill out and return our Certificate of Eligibility Application and return to the Transit Bus Garage.
Transit Service Area Map
City of Greenville
All areas located inside City of Greenville limits
South on M-91 to Bricker Road
West on M-57 to Montcalm Avenue
North on M-91 to Wise Road
East on M-57 to Lake Road
Note about Service Areas
If you have questions regarding the above service area descriptions, please call (616) 754-9331
Extended Routes to Other Municipalities
Greenville Transit meets Belding Dial-A-Ride at Oakwood Church on M91 and Bricker Road a total of 3 times daily: 9:30am, 11:30am, & 1:30pm. To be on the Belding transfer bus, you must call 20 minutes prior to aforementioned meeting times.
Hours of Operation
7:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. (Last Call @ 3:30 p.m.)
Saturday & Sunday - CLOSED
New Year’s Eve, New Year’s Day, Good Friday, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Day After Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day
Election Day Information - Click Here